Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Holiday? What Holiday!

I apologize to the blog junkies for not posting more, but it is difficult to find a few minutes to do it.

Things here are still moving, but honestly I feel like we have taken a step backward this week with Gideon. He has been much more defiant this week and pushing just about every boundary he can think of. It is physically exhausting. Some of it is probably because we had set up a routine last week and this week we demolished it because school was out yesterday and today and Bruce worked late yesterday.

Nina is doing well at school, but it is difficult for her and exhausting. I don't think she realizes how much energy it takes to opperate in a culture where you don't know the language, much less try to go to school. She is a big help around the house and she is usually good with Gideon, but he often gets the brunt of her temper -- pretty typical sibling stuff.

Our cars are now fixed (at least for the moment) I am glad to be back in my own vehicle. (We came home to both our cars being dead.) It took a pretty penny to get everything back in order, but God is faithful in his provision. I am not looking forward to the increase in our gas bill as I am now driving 84 miles a day just taking Nina back and forth to school. Hopefully it will just be for the rest of this year.

I have now resumed all my responsibilites at church. So we will find our weekly rhythm and see what life will be like for the next little bit.

We appreciate your continued prayers. We are taking things a day at a time and truthfully these have been the longest 3+ weeks of my life. (Days are much longer when they start at 6:25 rather than 9.)

Peace,
BLN&G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to echo what I'm sure many others have said. You have two absolutely beautiful children!
Hang on, mama. It will get better. If I'm remembering correctly, you have a strong will that will give even the strongest a run for their money :-)
Love you!
Amber