Friday, February 9, 2007

Friday

Well, it's Friday night at 9:45 and the only thing I really want to do is go to bed. If that isn't an indicator of how our lives have changed I don't know what is.

Gideon is doing better but we are still battleing to see who is going to be the top dog in the house. I am grateful to say that so far he has lost. [I will also admit that I bear a few of his teeth marks.] Bruce and I have actually begun to make time outs last until he quits fighting us. It is difficult but it seems to be having a greater effect than just waiting for the timer to go off.

Nina will start school on Monday at the Newcomers Academy. It is designed for students like her who have little to no English. We are very please with the man who runs the program and even though it is housed in one of the schools with the worst reputation in town, I think she will be safe and it will be a good place for her. Pray for her as she now begins to adapt to American life not just life in our house.

Peace of Christ,
BLN&G

2 comments:

Terri said...

Hey Lori and Bruce,
I am glad that your home and thing are doing better. Anna is doing pretty good. When we got home she went right to bed with no trouble.This week we have been trouble having her to go to sleep. Right now it is 11:00p.m. and she is still up. Right now are (N) is giving us trouble. I know what you are going through with Time out and thinking conner too.
I hope to get to see you at the dinner Saturday night at the HH Dinner with K and N.
I too see you all home and safe. Tell the kiddos that we said hello from Anna and our family.
Have a great weekend.

Terri said...

Sorry about my typing tonight. It should have read (been having trouble with her going to sleep).