Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tues Jan 23

Hey guys,

Bruce here. I am currently in Berdichiv with Nina, Sveta, and Viktor trying to finish up Nina and Gideon's passport issues. Thus far things have gone smoothly but we have only done the easiest part. Already, we have been to Zhytomer and picked up papers. Then we went to Novagrad Volensky to have Gideon's orphanage stamp his paper and now we are in Berdichev to have Nina's boarding school stamp her paper and to get her second of three passports. We will probably be in Berdichiv for several more hours to have that done. Then we will go back to Zhytomer to show them the stamped papers and get their paperwork that we need for the U.S. embassy. Hopefully things continue to go well.

We currently still have the reservations for our flight but have not comfirmed it yet and cannot until we have all of the paperwork from today. We will have to repeat the reservation by phone today and confirm tomorrow. So we will let everyone know as quickly as possible.

Currently, Lori is back at the apartment in Kyev with Gideon all day. I hope they are surviving one another. I'm sure they are, but I have a feeling that I will have to take Gideon on a long walk when we get back to Kyev.

Well, I have to run. Hopefully, we will be able to get to the internet tomorrow.

Peace,
BLN&G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you today and until you get home. I'll ask our church to pray tonight for safe travels.

Roxanne

Elizabeth said...

Hey Elbert family! I've just finished catching up on all your adventures. I am so very proud of you and proud to know you. Please know you have prayers in both the US and Europe, as I am representing the European contingency and have some of my Christian friends here praying for you guys as well. I wish you continued success with the paper work and a very safe flight home. I know you are and will continue to be wonderful parents (Lori helped to raise me!). Miss you both, love you both. Good luck and Godspeed.

Love and Blessings,
Elizabeth Russell