Thursday, January 25, 2007

On the way home, kinda

Here is the latest update for the Elbert adoption journey. Bruce and Gideon are on their way back home and should be in Louisville Friday at 2:15pm if all the conections are made. Bruce was a little anxious about traveling with Gideon all by himself as Lori stated that he had to be watched all the time. He just could not be left alone. Bruce feels that Gideon is his dad's pay back child. Lori and Nina had to remain in Keiv as Nina had not received her visa. Lori stated the an official at the embassy in Keiv told her that due to Nina's age the request for a visa was automatically kicked to the FBI for a background check. Lori was told that 95% of the time the clearance is given in about 48 hours. If this is true then she and Nina should be in Louisville Sunday at 2:15 pm. There could be a delay of as much as 3 to 4 days. Pray that things move quickly and they have the visa in their hands tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Patty Eiden just sent me this link. I had no idea that I could have come here and checked out answered prayer!!!We hope to see you and the entire Elbert family very soon! I know you will be glad to get back home. There are so many people who love you and have lifted prayers for this time in your life. Mothering a 16 year old and a young boy is very familiar to me. I wouldn't trade it for anything and I know that you are in for the blessing of your life!!! The Crowders are headed to CA...probably in April but we are excited to share your homecoming. We pray for fast goverment movement (is that possible?) and safe travel...I can't wait to tell Samantha and Donavan that Miss Lori has two babies...(OK, I'm not counting Bruce). We love you,
Tammy Crowder

Anonymous said...

Elbert Family,
You guys are in our thoughts and we pray that you will make it home safely!
Love,
Phil, Mary, Karan, and Lauren

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you all!! I cannot wait to meet the kiddos, even if it's not until after their transition period. Know I'm praying for you and would love to help in anyway possible (perhaps taking Katie Rittenhouse and Nina to the mall for some shopping/ girl time?) Goodness I am so excited. I know you will both be amazing parents, and that's the reason God has blessed you with these two children. I pray for safe travels and adjustment periods for all!
Know you are loved!
Andrea Ragsdale

Anonymous said...

Did N get her visa? Did you make it out of Ukraine? I'm so anxious to know!!

Esther.