Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Long Night

Well, it looks like we may be in for a long night Gideon has been trying to fall asleep, or maybe that is trying to not fall asleep for the last 2+ hours. I thought I would take a few moments and add to the blog for the junkies out there.

This week has been pretty good overall. Nina seems to be settling in a school a bit. [Thanks to those who responded about an English tutor. We are following through on that] This week has been much better than the previous 2. I am trying to keep in mind that next week may be a down week again. There is no straight forward progress . . . I guess that can be said about all of us.

Gideon seems to be a little harder to handle this week, but I think he is paying us back for the weekend. Some of our friends kept the kids for most of the day on Saturday and then brought them to church on Sunday morning. Nina saw us Saturday night, but Gideon did not see me 'til 10:00 the next day at church and didn't see Bruce until about 2. Soooo, we are dealing with it. [Right now I would be happy if he just went to sleep!]

I will also say that this week seems to be going a little bit faster for me. A good thing in and of itself. Please keep praying for us as we continue to settle in and adjust. Pray for Nina as she continues to work through adapting to the new environement and grieving for the old. Pray we will be able to get Gideon into the therapies he needs. Pray that Bruce and I will have wisdom and patience.

Got to Go, Gideon is screaming for me
Peace, BLN&G

2 comments:

Terri said...

Hey Lori and Bruce,

I glad that Nina is doing better for in school this week. I hope Gideon will start going to bed for you too. We had that problem with Anna. She did fine when we got home but few weeks later I was up until 2:00 in the morning. Then she would be fine. Then we moved the bed. She is doing better right now. I hope.
Keep us posted on how things go. I added pictures to the website too of Anna.
She is doing great. She will start First Step next week.
Take care. Hope to see ya soon.

ColleenD said...

I came across you blog this weekend. I am thrilled to find another mom who seems to be going through the same struggle with her son as I am.

We adopted N last December from Crimea. He is an absolute handful and there are days when I just don't know what to do about it. Right now we are sorking on dietary approaches to managinh his impulse controls problems. I would love to hear more about how you are managing your fireball.